The Association is the umbrella organisation for community groups who are involved in the hands on restoration, maintenance and protection of the Gold Coast’s natural areas. We also run our own programs and events that help educate and engage people with the environment
We are about helping the community do something real. We support the “doers” who plant trees, remove weeds, care for native animals and clean up our waterways and monitor the health of our environment
We do this by:
- Connecting Gold Coast community groups and individuals who are involved in on-ground ecological restoration and catchment management through our website, newsletter, social media and events;
- Providing our members services including marketing, web presence, insurance, assistance in obtaining grants and general administration;
- Acting as a sponsoring organisation for unincorporated members to manage their grant funds and to provide insurance;
- Hosting and co-hosting environmental events that engage the general community;
- Co-ordinating Citizen Science Programs that monitoring the health of our enviroment and engage and educate the community;
- Managing environmental management projects for other organisations.
Our ultimate aim is to involve the community in monitoring and managing the environment so collectively we can maintain and restore our beaches and bushland to places of beauty, clean water and native habitat that will support our community and wildlife for centuries to come
Meet our committee
Our governing committee is a balanced mix of professionals, volunteers and business people.
Vice president & Secretary