The Gold Coast Catchment Association is the umbrella organisation for community groups who are involved in the hands on restoration, maintenance and protection of the Gold Coast’s natural areas. We support the “doers” who plant trees, remove weeds, care for native animals and clean up our waterways and beaches.
The Association supports our network of members by:
- Connecting Gold Coast community groups and individuals who are involved in on-ground ecological restoration and catchment management through our website, newsletter, social media and events;
- Acting as a sponsoring organisation for unincorporated members to manage their grant funds and to provide insurance;
- Hosting and co-hosting environmental events that engage the general community;
- Co-ordinating and managing Citizen Science Programs that engage and educate the community;
- Providing our members services including marketing, web presence, insurance, assistance in obtaining grants and general administration;
- Providing independent and non-political input to Government on catchment management issues and initiatives.
There are an increasing number of groups who are taking action to protect and care for Gold Coast’s catchments and environment. We seek to support and help network these groups so that collectively the community can become stronger and more effective on the ground – where it counts.
Our ultimate aim is to make a real difference to restore our catchments to places of beauty, clean water and native habitat that will support our community and wildlife for centuries to come