Gold Coast Catchment Association 2016/17 Projects
- Carricks Creek Project – $15K funded by HLW
Riparian restoration work in conjunction with QPWS and SWAG on Springbrook
- Austinville Road Project $ 50K funded by HLW
Riparian restoration along 3km of road and creek in Upper Austinville enhancing critically endangered subtropical Rainforest
- 2017 Catchment Crawl – $7K funded by GCCA & COGC
50 person Bus Tour of the many different projects presently underway in Austinville including Private land, National Park and Council Reserve.
- HLW co-investment with NCAP – $33K funded by HLW & COGC
Funds directed to the Private Partnerships Section in Council to extend the scope of their NCAP Program
- Landcare Regen Project – $9K funded by Community Benefit Gambling Fund & Austinville Landcare
Tree planting and barrier fencing carried out by Austinville Landcare to complement the HLW Austinville Road Project.
- Stewart Farm Pimpima – $10K funded by HLW
Demonstration project showing the local community the benefits of restoration.
- Coomera Catchment Group Water Monitoring – $7K funded by SEQWater
Grant enabled the purchase of equipment and chemicals for water testing along the Coomera and Nerang Rivers.
- Hinterland Pest Management Project – $22K funded by SEQ Catchment & State Gov DAFF Pest Management Grant
Funding of Michael Dickinson to trap and eliminate foxes and wild dogs in Numinbah, Springbrook and Austinville.
- Austinville National Park Project $ 100K funded by HLW
Riparian restoration along 4km creek within Springbrook National Park in Upper Austinville enhancing critically endangered subtropical Rainforest. Strong involvement of QPWS and Austinville Landcare.
- PlatypusWatch $4K p.a. funded by COGC & GCCA
Ongoing project that regularly surveys platypus populations in the Coomera, Nerang, Currumbin and Tallebudgera Rivers and Mudgeeraba Creek.
- 2017 Biggest Tree Planting – $50K funded by State Government Grant and COGC
Major community event attracting over 500 people to carry out hands on planting. Strong accent on education of value of native vegetation. Numerous environmental stalls.