Beaches to Bushland – Carrara Floodplain Landcare Group
October 19 @ 8:00 am - 10:00 am
An event every 2 months that begins at 8:00 am on day Third of the month, repeating until November 30, 2019
The Carrara Floodplain Landcare Group was established in 2014 and is partnered with the Natural Areas Management Unit under the Beaches to Bushland Volunteer Landcare Program. The group assists with the restoration of City of Gold Coast-managed Carrara Floodplain Park.
The group’s activities consist of environmental weed control and planting native plant species where required.
- encourage active community involvement and ownership
- control environmental weed species impacting the site and promote the expansion of native canopy cover
- provide learning opportunities for local landholders in “ecological restoration”
- improve and increase habitat opportunities for native wildlife
- restore and improve the structure of the existing native vegetation within the park using revegetation and assisted regeneration techniques
- strengthen relationships in the community
The group meet on the third Saturday of the month from February to November.
Time: 8am – 10am
Location: Cairngorm Street, Carrara
What to bring: Sturdy shoes, long sleeve shirts, pants, sunscreen, hat and some water. Gloves are compulsory.